Moving for residency or fellowship?
We've got you.
So many medspouses and partners have been there & done that.
Check out their secrets to a successful move.
We’ve consolidated a list of moving tips made up of the best moving advice from those who know.
When is the best time to start packing?
- Start decluttering/purging after the holidays if at all possible.
- Start packing a box or two each day starting April 1.
- Decluttering earlier makes packing easier since you’re not trying to sort at the same time.
- Pack in stages – it’s less overwhelming.
- Start packing unnecessary items early.
- Packing a box a day or a few on a weekend of things you don’t need on a regular basis makes a difference when it gets closer to moving day.
- If you can, pack books, winter stuff, some toys, etc. early.
- Move boxes packed early into the garage or spare room
- Pack food in a Rubbermaid tub and set aside to get the pantry and cabinets cleaned weeks before move out day.
- Deep clean (window sills, windows, baseboards) a week or two before leaving.
- Focus on wiping counters and floors the day before you leave.
What's the best way to organize my things?
I'm on budget. How can I save money during our move?
We're paying for full service moving. Any tips?
What items should I try to carry with me?
I need the deets on free boxes.
We have kids involved in the move. Any tips?
What's the damage?
Other helpful tips...